Facial hair removal laser procedure: is it good? How much does it cost? And which is the best laser option for facial hair removal? This guide will help you understand the answers to these questions.
Laser hair removal treatment is an amazing way to keep your face look beautiful and natural all the time. Depilatory creams, waxing, and shaving are not practical if you are thinking of permanent beautiful skin results.
Is Laser Good For Facial Hair Removal?
Facial Laser treatment can remove unwanted hair and prevent wrinkles just by a snap of your fingers. It is not just for the face. You can use laser for your arms, underarms, bikini line, full legs, and back areas too. You will find many laser hair removal devices that are totally safe for facial hair removal. We recommend wearing protective glasses during your treatment session to prevent any irritation. In general, there is no harm of using laser light for removing excess hair because it can give you long-lasting results without harming your skin. It is different from waxing, shaving, and depilatory creams that it is not painful and doesn’t waste your time. The treatment session duration is just minutes. You will need less than an hour for removing your facial hair.
How Much Is Laser Facial Hair Removal?
According to The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the laser hair removal session for facial hair removal costs around $235. The cost varies according to the size of the area you are treating and the time needed for achieving the desired results. there are other factors that affect the pricing of laser therapy such as:
- The size of the area you are treating and the time needed for completing the treatment
- Number of sessions
- Whether a doctor or a technician is applying the laser to your skin
- The location of the clinic
In general, it is cheaper to have laser hair removal at home compared to laser hair removal at clinics.
Which Laser Is Best For Facial Hair Removal?
There are many laser types used for removing unwanted facial hair. Here are the most common laser types used for facial and body hair removal:
- Diode – the diode laser is most commonly used for removing light hair on dark skin
- Alexandrite – this laser is very fast and suitable for removing large skin areas. If you have light-to-olive complexions, this light is still effective for you.
- Nd: YAG – this long pulse laser is safe and effective on most skin types. You can use it if you have tanned skin. It is not very effective on light hair compared to the mentioned laser types. This means the treatment duration will be longer for fine hair.
Laser hair removal options can either reduce the density of hair growth or remove the hair for life. Permanent hair removal in density means that some hair might finish your treatment plan.
Permanent hair removal means that none of the hairs in the area you are treating will appear again after finishing a single course of laser and that there is no need for ongoing laser treatment. Whether hair is removed forever or just reduction in hair density, it is affected by:
- The hair color and thickness. The thicker your hair, the easier the treatment and the fastest results you are getting.
- The skin tone
- The type and the quality of the laser machine used
- The competence and the training of the technician applying laser treatment when it comes to removing hair at clinics.
Laser hair removal is not effective on grey hair as it doesn’t contain melanin pigment.
What Is The Best Laser Hair Removal Machine For Home?
There are hundreds of laser hair removal kits on the market. Achieving permanent results is not a dream any more thanks to personal hair removal kits. They are safe to use, many laser kits are FDA approved. Body and facial hair removal laser kits are available worldwide. The cost of the device is from $200 to $1000. Once you pay the initial cost, you won’t pay any extra money. Make sure that you are getting your laser hair removal kit from a trusted brand to make sure that it is doing its job. High-quality laser hair removal kits come with extra flashes that can last for more than 20 years. You can use your personal laser machine for full body hair removal and maintenance therapy and it is still effective!
Here is the best laser hair removal machine for home use:
Philips BRI956/00 Lumea Prestige Epilateur à Lumière
The first FDA-approved laser kit
It is a great kit for hair removal. Women in Europe consider it their first choice, as it is very effective and easy to handle the device. It comes with 4 attachments to provide the best hair removal experience. You will save money and time using this amazing kit. Another great thing about this kit is that you can use it cordless or corded. This allows you to control your hold of the device and make it portable at the same time. You won’t need more to get the permanent results, right?
- Body Attachment – convex shape with a 4.1 cm² window
- Face Attachment – flat with a 2 cm² window and integrated additional filter for more safety
- Underarm Attachment – concave shape with a 3 cm² window
- Bikini Attachment – concave shape and 3 cm² treatment window in addition to an integrated filter.
Philips lumea BRI956 prestige model is one of the best kits for hair removal. It comes with a skin sensor to determine the right settings for your skin tone and hair color
Women love Philips lumea prestige thanks to its great features:
- Get noticeable results in a short time – after only three sessions you will notice hair growth reduction by 92%
- Comfort Design – each head is designed for a part of your skin to provide the most comfortable experience. It can be used on skin colors from type I to type V.
- Safety Features – comes with UV filters to protect your skin from any harmful laser lights during the treatment. It also comes with a skin tone sensor that will stop the kit from emitting light if the laser is not suitable with your skin color and hair color.
- High-performance lamp – with more than 250,000 flashes, you can apply laser anywhere. There are no hidden costs, you won’t pay any extra money after having your own hair removal device.
Ease of Use
You can control your laser hair removal experience with just simple clicks on the back of the Philips lumea kit. There are 5 energy settings to choose the right setting depending on your skin tone and the sensitivity of the area you are going to treat.
You can choose between 2 flashing modes “Stamp and Flash” or “Slide and Flash”. Slide and flash work best for fast hair removal sessions. Stamp and flash mode is used for small body areas like removing underarm unwanted hair.
- Comes with 4 attachments
- 2 flash modes
- Suitable for most skin types
- Can be used corded and cordless
- Suitable for men and women
- None – women love Philips lumea BRI956
Philips Lumea is one of the best IPL machines for home use. You can use it anytime, anywhere. With safety features, you can apply laser on sensitive skin too. the flashes last for more than 20 years which makes Philips lumea BRI956 a great investment for every stylish woman.
Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser 4X for Women and Men
The first FDA-approved laser kit
Another great device for hair removal at home is Tria Beauty Laser 4X. Tria kit uses a diode laser to remove unwanted hair without causing damage to the skin itself. You will get noticeable results in a short time. The design of the Tria kit is very attractive. You can use the kit anywhere thanks to its accuracy and high quality. The company suggests using laser twice a month with enough separating period until you get satisfying results.
What is included?
- Tria kit
- Rechargeable battery
- Effective energy – compared to many laser kits, this one uses more energy. This will help you get real results in a short time. it is a convenient and easy-to-use kit.
- A comfortable experience – you can use the kit anywhere in small and large areas.
- Easy to hold – you can use the Tria kit for a long time and still feel motivated to finish your treatment session.
- FDA approved – very precise device. it can target the hair follicles deeply without affecting the epidermis and dermis layers
- User-friendly – you will learn how to use the kit by yourself easily. It also comes with a safety lock to provide the best experience.
- Very impressive results
- Easy-to-hold device
- Treatment repeated twice monthly
- You can choose the energy level depending on your skin type
- Not very effective on blond, gray and red hair
- Used for adults only
- A bit painful treatment
- You can’t use the kit while charging
Ease of Use
You will love the Tria kit for hair removal. Shaving before laser hair removal will reduce side effects. Turn the kit on, unlock the safety lock and start directing it towards your skin. Select a comfortable level for your skin. We recommend applying numbing cream if you are going to apply laser treatment for large skin areas. Once you switch on the kit and direct it towards your skin, you will hear two beeps. After that, direct the kit towards nearby skin.
For women, they can use Tria for removing face, body, bikini line and underarms areas. They can’t use it on genitals and scalp. For men, they can’t direct a laser towards their faces. The laser mustn’t be directed towards tattoos, freckles, and birthmarks as it is not effective on them.
Personal kits shouldn’t be shared with other people to protect your health.
The results will motivate you to finish your treatment plan. Don’t lose hope. Removing unwanted hair takes time especially if you looking for permanent results. this kit comes with 90,000 flashes. You can apply the laser on dark and light hairs without any harm. You will fall in love with the silky touch you will get after your treatment plan.
Braun Gillette Venus Silk-Expert IPL 5001
The fastest hair removal device
It is not only for personal use, but professionals around the world also love Braun Gillette Venus IPL kit. It is very safe to use it on your face, underarm, stomach and bikini line areas. The Braun Gillette Venus device is very fast. It will remove your legs hair in less than 10 minutes, amazing right?
Braun Gillette Venus is the fastest hair removal machine in the market till now. You will get the perfect skin touch after only a month of hair removal.
What is included?
- The kit
- Gillette razor so that you can shave before your laser session
- Fast hair removal – this kit can remove unwanted hair from legs, arms and bikini area in less than 8 minutes without causing harm to the skin.
- Unique Sensor Adaptation – to help you determine the right energy setting for your skin color. This will help you get successful treatment without irritation
- No extra costs – once you buy the kit, you won’t spend any additional costs. Maybe at first, you will buy gel for shaving but after a short period of time, you won’t need to shave before removing unwanted hair
- Safe on the skin and eyes – no need to wear protective glasses
- Noticeable results – 94% of women who tried this kit fall in love with the kit, the attachments, and the results! the company promises that you will get up to 89% hair growth reduction after three months of hair removal. Most people get permanent results after 8 to 12 months of using this kit regularly. Don’t miss your session or ruin your schedule. This will affect your treatment plan badly.
Why I Have Chin Hair I’m A Girl?
It happens because of hormonal changes. You can use tweezers to reduce your facial hair. Also, electrolysis and laser therapy are effective for removing facial hair. Choose the way that works for you. If you are going to do laser hair removal, stop using wax and electrolysis for at least 6 weeks before your treatment session. The laser kit targets the roots of the hair which are temporally removed using wax or tweezers. The laser has many benefits and it is very popular to do laser hair removal. You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars for full body hair removal. You can get a personal kit and use it on your chin, face and any other parts. Removing unwanted hair from your body and face can be done safely and effectively. See our full reviews of the best laser hair removal kits. It will help you decide which kit is the best for your skin tone and hair color.
How Many Laser Hair Removal Sessions Will I Need?
The number of sessions is totally different depending on your Fitzpatrick Skin Type. This guide classifies your skin by your color, your sensitivity to direct sun exposure and your skin likelihood to tan.
Pale or white skin, can be burnt easily, rarely tanned (Fitzpatrick types 1 and 2)
People with dark hair color can achieve permanent hair removal results after only 4 to 6 treatments. The treatment will be every 4 or 6 weeks. People who have fair hair will need a longer treatment plan compared to people who have dark hair color.
Light brown skin, sometimes get burnt, slowly tanned to light brown color (type 3)
People who have dark hair color can achieve permanent hair removal after 6 to 10 sessions done every 4 or 6 weeks. If you have fair hair, you will need 3 to 6 sessions. Also, having a maintenance session every month is important to keep your skin hair-free.
Moderate brown to dark brown skin color, rarely burnt, tanned well to brown (type 4 and 5)
People who have dark hair color will need from 6 to 10 laser sessions every four to six weeks. Having a maintenance session every three or six months is important to achieve perfect results. People who have fair hair are unlikely to get the desired results using laser therapy.
Don’t overuse your laser hair removal kit. You need to separate between your laser hair removal sessions to allow your skin to heal.
What Side Effects Or Complications That Might Happen?
Your doctor will advise you to wear protective glasses during your treatment session to prevent eye irritation and injury. You might feel pain during the session, especially in the first session. This might happen because of removing unwanted hair. It is very important to shave before your session. Missed hair during the shaving will absorb a higher amount of laser and will heat up in a shorter time. This is less painful with repeating the sessions according to your treatment plan.
Many people feel that the treated area is hot for about half an hour after finishing the treatment session. There are minor side effects that might happen after finishing your treatment plans like redness and swelling. These minor side effects usually fade after 24 hours or less.
There is a possibility of getting serious side effects like blisters, skin pigmentation and scarring. These side effects might happen if the technician is not trained enough or using a higher power than the energy needed for your skin tone and hair color. Such side effects don’t happen if you are using a personal kit as the personal kit is safer. Personal facial hair removal laser attachments are designed for face needs with necessary protective features.
Taking certain medications increases the risk of getting burns or scars. You should also avoid getting suntan before your laser hair removal sessions.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
The laser emits a certain wavelength of light targeting the hair follicle. This treatment is successful when the difference between the skin and the hair color is enough for targeting the hair alone. Usually, the more the diverse between them, the faster you will see results.
To remove the hair permanently and avoid skin damage, you need to choose the right laser type. High-quality devices can target the hairs without affecting the surrounding tissues. The skin surface contains a lower amount of melanin compared to the hair you are removing. The best way to minimize laser hair removal side effects is shaving before laser treatment.
When To See Your GP?
Most laser hair removal side effects are temporary and fade away alone. The laser is effective in removing unwanted hair. In certain cases, you might need to see your doctor to make sure that laser hair removal is the best option for you. Severe hirsutism (excess hair growth over your body in areas where hair ordinarily doesn’t grow) is an example of concerns. Also, you should see your GP if you suffer from hypertrichosis (excess hair growth for your age, gender or race) which might be an indication for illness. Hirsutism, which is associated with certain symptoms like irregular episodes of acne, may be caused by androgen hormone disturbance. Hypertrichosis is a serious disease as it might be a sign of malignancy. Your doctor can investigate such issues.
Facial hair removal laser procedure is becoming increasingly popular. Fast and hassle-free long-lasting results are easy to achieve using your own hair removal device. It is a great investment. It is not only about the cost of facial hair removal. You can use the laser device on the face and other areas too. Moreover, you won’t feel pain anymore. This is the best solution for annoying hair. We suggest reading our full guide; it contains detailed information about 7 best laser hair removal devices at home and how to use each one to get the perfect results.